One of the goals of Dr. LaPrade and The Steadman Clinic is to advance the science of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine for the benefit of patients. Since physicians at The Steadman Clinic are at the leading edge of orthopaedic medicine, we frequently collaborate with outside companies for education, research, and medical advances. The Steadman Clinic and Dr. LaPrade support these collaborations as they foster medical breakthroughs; however we also believe that these collaborations must be disclosed. As part of the disclosure process, this website lists Dr. LaPrade’s collaborations with outside companies for which payments were or are being received during the prior year. The disclosures are freely provided and are updated regularly. Further information may be available on individual company websites.
- American Journal of Sports Medicine: Editorial or governing board
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine: Board or committee member
- Arthrex, Inc: IP royalties; Paid consultant; Research support
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Board or committee member
- Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy: Editorial or governing board
- Ossur: Paid consultant; Research support
- Smith & Nephew: IP royalties; Paid consultant; Research support
By freely disclosing the collaborations between Dr. LaPrade and industry, we make this information available to our patients and to the public, thus creating a transparent environment for those who are interested in this information. Furthermore, it should be known that Dr. LaPrade does not collect any royalties on products developed by him that are used on patients treated at The Steadman Clinic. Under this agreement, he is not obligated to solely use products from the above companies and continues to use other companies’ implants that provide optimal care for each individual patient.