We ask all patients follow the below steps to better prepare for surgery and avoid the risk of postponing or cancelling surgery.
Prior to Surgery
- 2 days prior to surgery, you will need to be testing for COVID19. Testing is available at seven TCO locations (see below) and by appointment only.
- If you test positive for COVID19, you will be contacted by someone in the infection prevention department
- If you test negative for COVID19, you will not be contacted and your surgery will proceed accordingly
- Test Requirements
- Oral Rinse – Swish, gargle (30 seconds) then spit 5 mL of sterile normal saline (salt water) into test tub.
- Nasal Swab – A sterile nasal swab will be inserted 1.5 inches into the nostril to collect mucus sample
- 60 Minutes Prior to the test – do not eat, drink, smoke, chew gum/mints, and avoid tobacco use
- Patients must bring photo identification to testing site
- If at any time you experience flu-like symptoms, please notify Dr. LaPrade’s team
Day of Surgery
- You will also be screened the day of surgery for COVID19 symptoms. If symptoms are discovered, surgery will be postponed and you will be asked to return home and self-quarantine appropriately
- Visitors are not allowed before, during, or after surgery